A survivor of violence often starts his/her journey by seeking help through a specific organization or women’s protection center. What ensues thereafter largely depends on the people and support institutions involved in each step of the way. Survivors need an effective support system that can provide a comprehensive set of services ranging from medical care to safe accommodation, counseling, legal advice, police protection and economic empowerment.
This event will allow people of all genders to come together to share survivor stories, tools, resources and advocacy efforts for survivors and allies. The event will constitute a space for all to frankly and safely discuss the challenges they face as survivors and allies. The tools and resources shared during the event will be with the goal to heal and empower survivors and allies.
- To provide a safe space for survivor and allies to come together and share stories
- To Empower survivors and allies with the right tools and resources for healing
- To support a preventive measure like self-defense workshops for girls in India
The flow of the event
- An Interactive discussion: What's working and what's not for survivors? (40 mins)
- Trauma-informed yoga led by Exhale to Inhale teacher Ashley Antler (30 mins)
- Meditation (10 mins)
This is a ticketed event. 100% of the proceeds will be used by Sayfty to organize self-defense workshops for girls in India. Sayfty organized self-defense workshops for young women and girls in over 16 countries last year empowering more thank 800 young women.